i-SCOPE delivers an open source toolkit for 3D smart city services based on 3D Urban Information Models (UIM), created from accurate urban-scale geospatial information.
The smart services proposed address the following three scenarios:
- Improved inclusion and personal mobility of aging people and diversely able citizens.
- Energy dispersion & solar energy potential assessment.
- Noise mapping & simulation.
i-SCOPE integrates a number existing technologies as federation of interoperable web-services which will ensure interoperability through support of OGC standards.
- The project is based on use of CityGML as Urban Information Model on top of which 3D smart city services are created.
- Smart services will be accessible via a web-based 3D client as well as through mobile applications that is used to crowdsource environmental (noise) data from the citizens.
- To do so i-SCOPE implements technology as Location-Based Service. For this reason i-SCOPE develops trustable, secure privacy schemes to ensure the highest level of protection of users’ information.
- Finally i-SCOPE will use ultrafast internet technologies (two fiber-optic regional-scale networks).